Monday, February 28, 2011

Attention Cat Lovers

My garbage weight for the week was 7.2 lbs, it's starting to go dowwwn. After discovering that cat litter was contributing to the majority of my garbage weight, I purchased a biodegradable litter from a pet store. The store's associate was very informative. The litter I chose is made with all natural, renewable resources. One of the main ingredients is nutshells (which also neutralize odor). Other environmental cat litters available in the store were made of corn or pine. The litter can be composted outside and is safe for the environment. The litter also acts as a great, natural fertilizer.

In order to allow my cat to become accustomed to the litter, for the first part of the week we used half old litter, half new. We are now using 100% natural litter.

I decided to start using the inactive compost bin in my backyard. First, I cleared out most of the snow. I was able to use leaves as my bottom and top layer.

How to Compost Your Cat's Litter

I'll keep you posted!

- Flower Power

No comments:

Post a Comment