Look At All That Waste Reduction... It Was Simple!!!
In hopes to reduce the amount of waste my household is sending to the landfill, we have started to recycle a lot more. We have been collecting such things as cardboard, paper, bottle, cans, and plastic bags and have been finding big results in reducing the weight of our garbage these past few weeks. At first I was thinking that having to collect and distribute the various items my household produces (which seems to be a lot) would be more then a hassle then a benefit. BUT... it proved to be very simple and very rewarding. Collecting the various recyclable objects and products was fairly easy and because we have a large garage attached to our house, we had an abundance of room to store the recyclables to be taken away. I was surprised with how fast the garage filled up and started a quest to find close drop offs to take the recyclables. I was anticipating this to be a hard task but it was very simple. I took both the paper/cardboard products and the plastic bags to the Co-op in the east end near my house. There is a large blue paper/cardboard bin in the parking lot there and inside the Co-op store is a drop-off for plastic bags (which I am also trying to reduce the use of with cloth reusable bags). I then took the bottle recyclables to a nearby SARCAN depot where I was able to drop off the bottles and even get a cash return for them which was a bonus for my efforts. When I returned home to my empty garage I felt very good about the small, relatively effortless work I had done to reduce my waste. I will continue to recycle these objects/products in efforts to continue to reduce my waste. I encourage others to do the same small and easy task to reduce large amounts of recyclable products being sent to our landfills.
Below I have attached a few pictures of my recycling (please forgive the images of alcoholic containers)... Think of all
of that recycling going to the landfill had I not recycled it. Hope you
enjoy them and it encourages you to do more recycling!
~Homegrown
No comments:
Post a Comment