Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On Your Marks, Get Set...

Hello!
Our group has spent some time thinking about different ways that we can personally take control over our own waste. Ideas we thought of included composting, recycling, and responsible food use. I am finding myself really paying attention to everything that is put into our garbage that can actually be recycled! I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed so I think my first step will be organizing bins in my house for all the options of things that we can recycle, labeling them and then showing my husband and trying to get him on board. I really want to start an under the sink compost, but I am now seeing that it would probably be too overwhelming to start changing so many habits at once. I want this change to be a permanent lifestyle change and I think that if I go overboard trying to do too much, I will burn out and stop all of it. My first environmental commitment is to not put anything in the garbage that is able to be recycled in some way.

Wish me luck!
-Cooking4two

No comments:

Post a Comment