Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Are Priorities?

Hi again!

I have kept my word and organized some bins for separating my recycling. I already had a spot for my pop cans and milk jugs... the stuff I can take to SARCAN and most of the time get some money back into my pocket. However, I have now added containers for paper, cardboard and cans (the kind that have to be opened with a can opener).



Now that I am trying to keep these items out of the garbage I started looking up how I go about actually recycling these items. I have figured out that there are paper and cardboard drop of bins in most mall parking lots and in several locations around the city. Perfect! However, the cans I am not so sure. I found out that Crown Shred & Recycling will take them, but in order for them to pick up your recycling you have to subscribe and pay for it. I don't blame them for charging, I mean, they are providing a service and operating a business and everything but why is it that in 2011 we have to pay to recycle but the city takes care of all of our garbage? Why not make it easier and more streamlined to recycle and have to pay to have your non-recycled stuff taken to the landfill?! Doesn't that make more sense?

Just my thoughts...
- Cooking4two

No comments:

Post a Comment