Hey Guys!
I wanted to start off today's blog with just how amazed and excited I am about all the progress that has been made by the group so far. I believe the members have made such immense progress in their individual actions plans that we are now starting to expand in our work and spread the awareness of our success in hope that others will be inspired by our work. I have personally been committed to such action as: consciously recycling all drink containers, being more aware of the paper and cardboard I throw into the garbage and recycling all of it, becoming more aware of the amounts of expiratory food I buy so that it does not spoil before the expiration date, and recycling all of my unused plastic grocery bags and committing to using cloth reusable ones. I was amazed with how much material I saved from going to the landfill. My garbage ticker has gone from 705.7lbs to 316.3lbs and I feel that that alone is good enough reason to be motivated to continue to be committed to the actions I have taken and to start new actions now that I am more comfortable with these changes. I hope that my progress will inspire the lives of others who read this to make small actions for themselves to help reduce the amount of waste traveling to the landfills.
Our class project is soon coming to an end but our life changes upon Reducing, Reusing, Recycling and responsible food management will not. The group is committed to keeping their changes as permanent ones and are passionate about the progress they have made and will continue to make. It is now important to me and the rest of the members to spread stories of success to others in hopes that they will be inspired to make their own small individual action plans to make a difference by reducing the waste traveling to our landfills. Shrinking landfill spaces and excess amounts of human waste is everyone's problem... What are YOU Going To Do About It?
-Homegrown
No comments:
Post a Comment