Hello again! Part of my action plan this year was trying to make the best use of my garden. I want to have the most benefit from it, with the least waste.
Above: from the left (broccoli - hard to see), then onions, carrots, cucumber, corn, tomatoes, lettuce.
Corn is in the bottom right. I just planted peas and beans at the base of the each corn stalk so that they can climb up the corn stalk as they grown. Beans and peas also put large amounts of nitrogen into the soil, which corn needs!
Tomatoes
From the left: spinach, one lonely garlic plant, butter lettuce, green onions, green leaf lettuce.
My garden is 6' x 12' and I am growing 5 potato plants in containers, which should come up in a few weeks. I also have a small garden on the other side of the yard which has raspberry bushes, and rhubarb... which i will post about later on.
The black hose thing that is wrapped around in my garden is called a weeping hose and the water flows out of the entire length of it. (Although I haven't had to use it much as it has been so wet this year.)
My favorite thing to do in the summer is to go out and cut off some lettuce from the garden to make an impromptu salad.
There are so many varieties of lettuce and they can easily be grown in a pretty pot.
I hope you are also trying your hand at gardening this year.
Enjoy!
-Cooking4two
No comments:
Post a Comment